About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Illuminate

Just finished Stuart Dybek's Short Story Collection, Childhood and Other Neighborhoods and loved every story in it. Dybek has an ability to tell an exciting story within the richly detailed setting of Chicago where the city itself becomes a character.

4 comments:

k1tchenwitch said...

Okay ~ HOW are you able to read so much, so fast?? I'm insanely jealous. It takes me weeks to read a book. :(
And even then, I rarely retain things.
~ a sad little inchworm of a reader

(p.s. -- was encouraged that you enjoyed the most recent BASS. I put it down after the Freudenberg(er?) story but will pick it back up again after I finish reading Middlesex -- like maybe next summer at the rate I'm going.)

katrina said...

Hi Theresa!

Well, yes, I am a fast reader...but sadly I retain very little of what I read unless I really loved it.

katrina said...

Hi Theresa!

I am a fast reader, true, but unless I really love something I hardly retain a thing.

katrina said...

Oops. I haven't found a way to delete a comment. :D

Web Analytics