About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Ruminate

I cannot fathom the kind of mass horror and destruction that has struck South Asia. To imagine each individual person of over 21,000 that has succumbed to the quake and its devastation, and then to imagine the people that person's death affects is overwhelming and impossible.

To see pictures of women in the news, to wonder for whom do they cry is heartbreaking. And I can do nothing to help them. All I can do is look for the relief aid program to which I can donate my small amount of dollars and hope it makes a difference.

The force of nature is intense and awe-inspiring and frightening and admirable and horrifying and amazing. All at once.

Tsunami

No comments:

Web Analytics