About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Year-End Gratitude

Well, I have much for which to feel grateful, and in light of recent tragic events, it seems even more than I can imagine.

We all measure our accomplishments and gratitude in different ways. For me this year it will be in what I have managed to keep throughout 2004:

*My sanity
*My children healthy and inspired
*My lovely, spirited, brilliant friends
*My marriage alive and sparkling-well
*My sense of humor
*My joy for life
*My insatiable need to write and read well-fed
*Full control of my bladder

Happy Newest Year All

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great list! Happy New Year, Katrina!!

katrina said...

Thanks, my friend!! And to you!

Kath Fish said...

This is beautiful, Katrina. I, too, feel inordinately blessed. Happy New Year to you and yours. xoxo

katrina said...

Thanks, Kath!

Web Analytics