About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Illuminate

Detox
It's the first day of the new year and what better day to torture myself with a healthy detox tea to boost my liver. Yum.

Seriously, this is a great cleanser and the taste could be worse, I suppose:

1 cup hot water
juice of one lemon
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp maple syrup

You can use this as you fast all day, or simply begin your morning with it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've done that fast before, but I heard you had to do it for at least ten days. I did it, and as long as I lasted, I felt cleaner, purer and better, but I also felt slow-witted and like I couldn't keep up with the world. On Day Three I had a temper tantrum because the plastic grocery bags under the sink were not properly organized and to me this symbolized everything that was terrible and wrong in my life, and to a greater extent, in the world. I was sitting on my kitchen floor when I decided that maybe ten days was too long and I should probably eat a little bit.

But if you only have to do it for one day, I could totally handle that!

katrina said...

Ten days!!!
I wouldn't have lasted as long as you did.

Ssh, don't tell anyone but sometimes I don't even do it for a whole day. ;)

Web Analytics