About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Illuminate

The devastation in South Asia is so vast, so enormous, that it's difficult to even imagine. It's even harder to hold in my mind the myriad of individual, personal losses and stories.

Here are some photo-stories from BBC:

Photo Journal


The need for relief is still urgent. My family and I plan on donating a little each month from our budget for as long as it takes and I urge you to do what you can for as long as you can.

Americares

Red Cross

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

donating something each month is such a great idea, Kat. We made two donations (americares and doctors w/out borders) of all the money we could afford, but you're right that it shouldn't just stop there. Thanks for the reminder.

katrina said...

Both great charities! I used to know this doctor who worked with Doctors Without Borders. He'd often fly to Haiti and stay for a month. It's a wonderful program.

Katie said...

Monthly donations are a wonderful idea. There is going to be a need for aid for a long time.

Web Analytics