What I hear right now:
* A woodpecker dotting at the tree outside my window
* A squawking bird and a chirping bird.
* my son playing with his trains.
* my other son's alarm.
* Tom steaming milk for coffee.
* My youngest singing; "Silly Billy, Silly, Billy.
* Tom whistling to Xander's tune.
What can you hear right now?
- My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.