About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Listen

What I hear right now:

* A woodpecker dotting at the tree outside my window

* A squawking bird and a chirping bird.

* my son playing with his trains.

* my other son's alarm.

* Tom steaming milk for coffee.

* My youngest singing; "Silly Billy, Silly, Billy.

* Tom whistling to Xander's tune.


What can you hear right now?

4 comments:

Kath Fish said...

My daughter and her friends playing in the basement. Her keyboard, forgotten, playing the same tune over and over. Oh there's a disagreement of some sort.

Music from my husband's office. I can't identify it over the noise from the basement.

The washer and dryer.

The disagreement has been settled. Now laughter from the basement.

Oh it's Dire Straits from the office I think.

My fingers tapping on this keyboard.

It's really noisy in my house. I wish I heard birds, Katrina! :)

katrina said...

Yes, your house sounds alive!

Clifford Garstang said...

Bhikku, my chocolate lab, snoring.

My fingers on the keyboard keys, not to mention the cooling fan on the CPU.

And the ceiling fan.

The faucet dripping in the kitchen. Gotta fix that.

Yikes, the phone!

katrina said...

You both mentioned the sound of your keyboards and I completely missed it! I guess I wasn't listening closely enough. :)

I have an accept/despise relationship with the phone. I understand they are necessary--particularly in emergencies, but I really don't like to talk on the phone.

Web Analytics