About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Illuminate

Congratulations to Night Train for the favorable review in New Pages!

Here's an excerpt:

"Hands down, my favorite selection was “Movie Star Entrances,” by Thomas Williams. Curtis, the main character, who is everyman, yearns to impress people at an important social gathering. But instead of aimlessly fretting, Curtis employs an enigmatic theatrical couple who specialize in “entrances” to achieve his dream. He discovers attaining a goal is not always a guarantee of long term success unless you have some help. I also loved Grant Bailie’s “Pinocchio Unbound.” A robot working in outer space “makes a wish” to see something burst into flames as it falls to earth. He is granted his wish, although he is the object that speeds towards his “own magnificent end.” Scanning the story index, I don’t want to forget Pia Z. Ehrhardt’s story and Steve Fayer’s story and Bob Arter and “The Spaceman” and…I confess: I want to comment on each story. When a lit mag gives you that much to talk about – 18 great stories - it’s worth hunting down."

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

This is just wonderful and so spot on. Yay Night Train!

Kath Fish said...

Katrina, I just got an acceptance from Night Train! I feel incredibly honored and a little stunned. :)

katrina said...

Kathy!!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you! That's a wonderful pub! Yahoooo!!

Web Analytics