About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Illuminate

An illuminating article by Narrative Magazine's Tom Jenks:

Personality and the Writer

6 comments:

Carol Peters said...

Kat, this is great. thank you for the link. -- C.

Clifford Garstang said...

Thanks for this, Kat. I've never found the MB stuff terribly helpful, even in the big organizations I've worked in. But this seems like an actually useful application of. Jenks is on to something.

Myfanwy Collins said...

Thanks for posting this link, Kat. Fascinating stuff.

katrina said...

Yes, I thought it was interesting. I think my writing would be judged heavy on intuitive or sensual and very light on thinking...

Mary Akers said...

Me, too, Kat. He especially got me when he said that bit about sensory details and lists. Bang! That's me. I am going to print this out and study it. Fascinating!

katrina said...

I should also add that the original link for this article came from Jessica Lipnack. Thanks, Jessica!

Web Analytics