About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ruminate

Yesterday I saw the most unbelievable sight!!!! A car covered with plastic animals of various sizes ranging from about two feet tall to less than a half a foot. The animals had been glued (?) or somehow stuck on to the roof, and on top of the front hood and the trunk. It has to be the zaniest "functional art" I've ever seen. The driver, a wild woman dressed in an equally wild outfit (orange shorts over purple tights, with some sort of green shirt) got out for a second to throw something away in front of a store. I wished now that I had run over and asked her how she attached them (Not because I want to decorate my car, but maybe one of my characters might...).

So what would you cover your car in?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love art like that. :)

MaryAnne McCollister said...

There's a jeep around town that has poetry painted on the sideboards, unfortunately it's pretty bad poetry. If I were to decorate my car over-the-top I'd probably want to paint Van Gogh's sky in Starry Nights on it.

Fun post!

katrina said...

Hi Steph and Maryanne! It was quite a sight!
I love van Gogh's work too. Nice choice!

Katie said...

I love the people who do this!

Web Analytics