About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Illuminate

I just finished "House Fires," by Nancy Reisman. It won the Iowa Short Fiction Award in 1999.

Wonderful, beautifully crafted, elegant stories. I highly recommend it!

5 comments:

Tom Saunders said...

I'll look out for this, Kat.

I'm about two thirds of the way through the Robison stories. Enjoying them very much. Very understated and deft writing. Great grasp of character.

katrina said...

I haven't read Robison's collection yet. You're speaking of Mary, right?

Tom Saunders said...

I thought I'd got the recommendation from you. Either here or in your room at Zoe. Tell Me 30 Stories it's called.

I'm going crazy!

Very good anyway.

katrina said...

Hahaha!!! I DID recommend it! Uh oh. I'm beginning to show my "forty." ;)

Tom Saunders said...

You did? Ha-ha. Well at least I'm fine!

Web Analytics