About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Illuminate

I've been hearing about Nick Hornby and his books in the last few months but hadn't read anything by him. Last week I picked up his latest novel, "A Long Way Down."

Terry Gross interviewed him today on Fresh Air and listeners heard him talk about the book, learned what he thinks about being called a writer of "ladlit," and heard his thoughts on book buying versus book reading of which I have to say he's SPOT on!

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

I really like Nick Hornby. Have read a bunch of his books and they never disappoint.

Stephanie said...

He's very amusing.

Wouldn't it be nice if publishers could stop giving each group of books who remotely show anything in common with the human experience a dorky title?

katrina said...

Hi Myf, good to know. His latest certainly looks interesting.

Hi Steph,

I agree--the labels must go.

Web Analytics