About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, July 01, 2005

June Reading

Books I read in June:



“The Apple’s Bruise,” stories by Lisa Glatt

“We Are All Fine Here” by Mary Guterson

“There Are Jews in My House,” stories by Lara Vapnyar

“No Direction Home,” by Marisa Silver

“Last Night,” stories by James Salter

“Specimen Days” by Michael Cunningham

“Embroideries” by Marjane Satrapi

“A Girl Becomes a Comma Like That” by Lisa Glatt

“Bulletproof Girl” stories by Quinn Dalton

“The Red Carpet” stories by Lavanya Sankaran

“Wonder When You’ll Miss Me” by Amanda Davis

“Circling the Drain” stories by Amanda Davis

“House of Thieves” stories by Kaui Hart Hemmings

“The Brutal Language of Love” stories by Alicia Erian

My favorites were the Lisa Glatt collection and novel; the Sankaran collection; the Erian collection; the Cunningham novel; the Dalton collection; the beautiful "Embroideries;" the title story in the Vapnyar collection; the Davis novel; and the Hemmings collection.

5 comments:

k1tchenwitch said...

Can I borrow your brain for July? Or at least your eyes? I'm such a painfully slow reader.

I'm also making notes and adding some of your selections to my reading list ~ which, if I'm lucky, I'll get to before I'm 80.

Katie said...

So many of the books in my to-be-read pile come from you, Kat. Thanks for sharing all this!

Myfanwy Collins said...

you are a marvel!

Carol Peters said...

I wonder if I might reserve the Cunningham, the Dalton, the Salter, and is that a new Erian or has it been out for a couple of years? I am a devoted fan of her work.

katrina said...

Hi Carol,

Some of those are already on their way to a friend but will be back eventually. But you'll see when you come...my library is full of good things to read. :)

Web Analytics