About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, October 28, 2005

A Bit Behind...

in my posting--I've actually been spending time writing fiction!

But before I get too behind I want to draw your attention to Felicia Sullivan's new venture: Rocking the Green Life. It looks fabulous and timely for this toxic environment in which we all live.

Also more great reviews are in for Laila Lalami's Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits.

Remember to check into Jordan Rosenfeld's Word by Word to catch the latest in author interviews.

READING UPDATE:

This past week I've read a back issue of Orchid; three back issues of The Georgia Review; a back issue of Calyx; Katherine Shonk's The Red Passport (excellent!); and Joan Didion's powerful memoir on grief, The Year of Magical Thinking.

WRITING NEWS:

This past month I'm delighted to have had my story "Bighead" accepted for publication (Summer 2006) by The Jabberwock Review and my story "Plunging Toward Rusalka" accepted for publication (Winter 2007!) in The MacGuffin.

I also have a short piece in the latest issue of Cranky available now for purchase.

Happy reading and writing to everyone!

No comments:

Web Analytics