* You can make a hotel room seem more like a home with one simple purchase: Stargazer lilies. We became known to housekeeping as the "Lily room."
* I'm grateful that I'm my oldest son's mother and NOT his soon-to-be dorm buddy. Hehe.
* Acceptance is the first step to dealing with change.
* It is physically possible to laugh and cry at the same time.
* I have an amazing, unselfish, strong family.
* And most importantly, as awful as things seem, people cope (and prevail) with so, so, so much worse. I'm grateful this was only a minor thing.
- My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.