About Me

My Photo
Originally from Vermont, I now live in North Carolina. My work can be found in recent issues of REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an assistant editor for Narrative Magazine. I'm also working on two novels and a short story collection. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Heather Sellers

It seems I'm always falling in love with new work. Heather Seller's work is not new--she has five books under her belt, but her short story collection, "Georgia Under Water," bought directly from Sarabande Books has drawn me right into the wonderful mind of Heather Sellers. In Georgia she's created a memorable, delightful, funny character, a young woman in love with her body, her sexuality (even before she knows exactly what it all is) and her father. One of the best collections I've read all year. Sellers' honest and fresh writing brings to mind the work of this writer which has similar qualities.

No comments: