About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pushcart

I was surprised and delighted to learn Steven McDermott, editor of Storyglossia, has nominated my story "Snake Dreams" along with five other stories from the Fiction Prize Issue. Thank you, Steven! And congratulations to Kirsten, Steven, Theresa, Christiana and Gabrielle.

I was also honored with a Pushcart nomination from Rebel Press. Thank you Rebel Press! And congratulations to Susan DiPlacido, Tom Saunders, Don Capone, T.J. Forester and Marcus Grimm.

I also picked up the 2007 Pushcart and read Kim Chinquee's "Formation" and noticed Xujun Eberlein received special mention for her piece, "The Death of a Red Guard." Both women are extremely talented and I'm happy to see they've been recognized with this honor.

No comments:

Web Analytics