About Me

My photo
Originally from Vermont, I now live in North Carolina. My work can be found in recent issues of REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an assistant editor for Narrative Magazine. I'm also working on two novels and a short story collection. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Links

Various things have kept me from updating this blog as regularly as I'd like. But I'll try to do a quick catch-up in this post.

First, there's a beautiful piece by Claudia Smith called Catalog in Literary Mama. Next, the Emerging Writers Network has announced their fiction prize winner and the finalists. Congrats to all! And there's an announcement regarding the second annual EWN contest. Good luck to all who enter!

Also Kelly Spitzer has yet again dazzled us with another way to connect to other writers in her new Showcase. Don't forget to check out her Writers Profile Project which is always fascinating.

Next, the fabulously talented Pia Z. Ehrhardt announces her upcoming book tour for her short story collection Famous Fathers

Susan Henderson talks about Indie Presses over at LitPark and Steven Mcdermott has another story in his collection podcasted called Gas Money

My talented friend, Myfanwy Collins, has stories here and here.

In case you missed it, New Pages has a new batch of literary journal reviews.

Ron Currie Jr.'s website is up and looking fresh. And Claire Cameron's book, The Line Painter is available for purchase. I ordered mine through Amazon CA and it should be here in NC soon.

Not only is Robin Slick a talented writer, a cool person, and a great mom, she also is a savvy business woman. Here's her very own Cafe Press Store.

And the new elimae is live.

I'm sure I missed a ton of other things, which I'll be adding here as I think of them.

Hope you're all having fun writing and reading.

Peace.

No comments:

Web Analytics