About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Week's End

My novel and family have been keeping me busy lately and I've had to let other things slide a bit, this blog being one of them. I plan on at least keeping up one post a week, however, with whatever I can find to throw in the pot.

First up is Kelly's Spitzer's Writers' Showcase in which five of us have chosen a piece of work to highlight.

There are new lit mag reviews at New Pages.

And Cliff Garstang has some interesting reviews over at Perpetual Folly

Dan Wickett has pronounced (along with other participating bloggers) May to be Short Story Month so be sure to check in to see which stories he's discussing on his blog.

Steven McDermott's short story collection "Winter of Different Directions" is now for sale. For anyone who isn't familiar with Steven and all that he does for the literary community both as a writer and an editor check out his blog and his literary journal, Storyglossia.

Have a great weekend!

Peace.

No comments:

Web Analytics