About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Reading

In between essays of Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle," which I'm thoroughly loving, I also read Katherine Taylor's "Rules For Saying Goodbye." Taylor's debut is funny is a fabulously dry way. It's smart, it's honest and it portrays that drifting, weird time in a woman's life before she slips fully into who she is. I loved it and it's brilliantly written. For me, it was all in the details, details so rich and fresh and abundant they had me hooked through the whole novel.

No comments:

Web Analytics