About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Fieldwork"



I took "Fieldwork" by Mischa Berlinski to Spain with me and it was a great read--interesting enough to hold my attention depsite the city of Madrid calling me like a siren. It's about a young reporter, Mischa, whose girlfriend takes a job teaching english in Thailand. While there, he's told a story by an old college friend about a woman anthrolopogist who was spending time in prison for a murder she committed--the murder of a young missionary. It has many elements I love, an exotic locale, a moral dilemma, and a mystery.

No comments:

Web Analytics