About Me

My photo
Originally from Vermont, I now live in North Carolina. My work can be found in recent issues of REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an assistant editor for Narrative Magazine. I'm also working on two novels and a short story collection. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Done!

In more ways than one.

I've finished my first draft of my novel (63,000 words) though four of the chapters (about 20,00 more words to go) are just sketched out. But I have the whole thing written down from start to finish and have come to the conclusion I cannot. write. another. f****. word.

I'm done.

I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm going on vacation two days early and when I come back to the novel in mid April, when my son is back in school, I'll fill in those chapters and start revising!!!!!

Many thanks to all who encouraged me and inspired me!!

Now I'm off to take a much needed brain break. Before I write something stupid and embarrass myself.

14 comments:

No Name Me said...

HUGE Congrats!!! I'd like to borrow about 150 pages from you, please...

Ethel Rohan said...

Congratulations, Katrina. The timing of your vacation is more evidence that the universe really wants you to finish this novel. Take a well-earned break, your sub-conscious will continue to work on the novel anyway, and when you come back you'll dive easily and gloriously into revision. Have fun!

Matt Bell said...

Congratulations! I have no doubts that it's going to be amazing. I can't wait.

katrina said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Sandy, Matt and Ethel!

Andrew Roe said...

Great news! Enjoy that feeling, enjoy your vacation...

katrina said...

Thanks, Andy. Good luck on yours as well!

Maggie May said...

Came across your blog and totally know the feeling! Congrats.

katrina said...

Thanks, Maggie! Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to checking out your blog.

Maryanne Stahl said...

wow! go, you!!!

katrina said...

Thanks, MAS!!

Myfanwy Collins said...

Yay! Best news ever!!!

katrina said...

Thanks, Myf! I'm excited to fill in the blanks and start revisions...

Molly Gaudry said...

Congrats, Katrina!

katrina said...

Thanks, Molly!

Web Analytics