About Me

My photo
My work can be found in REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, New Delta Review, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an Associate editor for Narrative Magazine. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Congrats to Sue Williams!

Congratulations to fellow Narrative editor, Sue Williams, for winning an honorable mention in Glimmertrain's Fiction Open for her novella, "The Winged Hendersons of Welton-on-Sea"!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Dear Kat, how lovely of you! I've gone all glowy. :)

katrina said...

What a HUGE honor, Sue. You must be over the moon!

John Atkinson said...

Dear Katrina, that's an unselfish act to mention someone's writing achievement. It was in the newspaper here that I landed a three book deal and not one soul called me. But that's what it takes to be a writer, thick skin. Congratulation to Sue!
Please visit my blog. Best, John
http://www.atkinsontimekeeper.com/

katrina said...

Thanks for stopping by John, and congratulations to you as well!! I wonder if people reading your newspaper really understood what an amazing accomplishment that is especially considering the current publishing climate.

I will check out your blog!

Web Analytics